Sunday, March 27, 2011
Janell Bonner
Janell Bonner March 22, 2011 Narrative Essay Once on a misty fall day at the Joseph Lee Elementary School my second grades class and I were seated in our elementary school library. The library was not very big and had old dusty bookshelves mounted to the wall. The middle was the librarian’s desk, and on the far right side were a couple of desks and chairs used as a classroom. We were instructed to read the rest of our library book. My book was The Little’s by John Peterson. It was about an almost microscopic family trying to escape the troubles of their every day life such as avoiding getting eaten by a cat. After an hour had passed she told us that we could start to tell our partner about our books. So I turned to my neighbor, who was one of my best friend’s Leon. He began to tell me about his book which was his favorite genre, action. After fifteen minutes he was done and it was my turn. I began to tell him about my book and he began to look less interested. I went on and on until I was finished and he continued to have that same look. He and I began to talk while we waited for others to finish. He being a class clown, began to joke around causing me to laugh. After a while, the librarian Miss Sister Verdia told us that if we didn’t keep quit she would kick us both out. So we sat there in silence and I stared out of the foggy window at the trees and the leaves drifting from the branches. We sat there in silence for about five more minutes until Miss Sister Verdia told us to start to bring our books back. She called us up by table, because Leon and my was in the back we ended up being last. We got up and swiftly walked to her desk. After she was done checking our books back in I started to run back to my seat. As I was getting closer to my desk I began to trip on the green and black rug. I fell and hit the side of my head right above my left eye on the corner of the table. I got back up quickly and my friend began to ask me if I were okay and I said “yes”. I felt a little woozy and my friend informed me that the side of my face was bleeding. I was rushed in a wheel chair to the nurse and nurse Debbie informed me that my mother would need to come and that I would need to to get stiches. She put a butterfly bandaid on it for the time being until my mother came. After ten minutes my mother picked me up and we were on our way to the hospital. I had to get about ten stiches that would go away within a week. After the procedure my mother informed me that if the cut went a quarter of an
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment